[Slowhand] Marsalis album

jbroholm at sunflower.com jbroholm at sunflower.com
Fri Sep 23 17:45:39 EDT 2011

I've been listening in my car to the audio, and it's the first album EC has done in a long time that I look forward to re-racking and hearing again. Have to admit to a bias toward New Orleans jazz. My uncle's a killer trumpet & flugelhorn player in both NO and Big Band configurations. So I'm not shocked or put off by that, just intrigued by the way the electric guitar steps into the tenor banjo's spot in these arrangements. The guitar on 44 is particularly nifty. And some of the horn players ain't bad, either (hem-hem). I give the whole thing a solid thumbs-up.

John Broholm
Lawrence, KS
jbroholm at sunflower.com