[Slowhand] Drunken Yardbird

Loraine Taylor ltaylor58 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 07:48:09 EDT 2016

I'm still here too. Nice to hear from this group again.

I tried to Google the drunken yardbird quote and, although I did not find
the original George Harrison quote, I did find an old Rolling Stone
interview with that quote in it. It was a good read.

Loraine

http://www.theuncool.com/journalism/rs-200-eric-clapton/

Courtesy of Rolling Stone #200 – Cameron Crowe – November 20, 1975

RS: What about the quote from his [Harrison's] last press conference,
“Better Pattie with him than some dope”?

Clapton: I think I remember that. I believe the quote was, “Better she’s
with some drunken Yardbird than some old dope,” or something like that.
Yeah, we get along all right. Still, we have little bickers now and then.
But I’ve known hi too long not to still love him. I’ve known George since
we were kids . . . and we both had that fire that we’ll try the rest of our
lives to preserve.

The Uncool - The Official Website for Everything Cameron Crowe