[StBernard] Business Permit Form

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Sep 15 23:35:59 EDT 2005

*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*

* *

*Henry “Junior” Rodriguez*

*Parish President*

St. Bernard Parish, Louisiana

(504) 278-4200

September 13, 2005; 10:00 PM CST

*Business Owners Encouraged to Return to St. Bernard:*

Beginning on Wednesday, September 14, 2005, at 8:00 AM CST, St. Bernard
Parish business owners will be allowed to enter St. Bernard Parish to
begin the re-opening process for their business.

To be eligible to return to St. Bernard, business owners should complete
the following procedure:

1. Send an email message to: Business at StBernardParishGovernment.com
<mailto:Business at StBernardParishGovernment.com>. The message should include:

a. The Business Name,

b. The Business Address,

c. The Business Contact Telephone Number,

d. The Business Contact Email Address,

e. The Returning Individual’s Name,

f. The Returning Individual’s Address,

g. The Returning Individual’s Working Telephone Number,

h. The Returning Individual’s Working Cell Number, and

i. The Returning Individual’s Email Address.

2. Wait for confirmation that your email submission was received.
Confirmation will be sent to you via email to the address on the request.

3. Follow the instructions on the confirmation.

We encourage all St. Bernard Parish business owners to take advantage of
this opportunity to return to St. Bernard. Residents will be allowed to
return shortly. This is an excellent opportunity to begin the cleaning
and re-opening process for your business in order to be ready to service
St. Bernard Parish residents.

When planning your return trip, please keep in mind that electrical
power, water, and sanitation have not been restored in St. Bernard.
Moreover, presently there is no gasoline, food, water or building
material available. Thus, please plan accordingly. You should be totally
self-sufficient with generators, tools, etc. to enable you to accomplish
your planned tasks and sufficient gasoline to exit St. Bernard when you
are finished.

Because St. Bernard Parish Government does not have sufficient life
sustaining supplies to support the general public, we encourage you to
make arrangements to sleep outside of St. Bernard Parish.

We look forward to the return of our commercial neighbors and we hope to
see you in St. Bernard soon.

*# # #*