[StBernard] Murphey Oil - Class Action Suits

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Sep 18 14:50:47 EDT 2005

Hi Lance,

My name is Liz Lotz I am Patty's sister-in-law. I live at 2904 Corinne and my daughter just purchased a house at 2904 Despaux. I to would like to see things settles as soon as possible. What do you suggest in regard to a class action suit initiated by Wayne Mumphrey.
-----

This is Westley. Let me say first off that I am not a lawyer and do not pretend to me one in real life, tv, or any other way so do not take this as legal advice, this is strickly opinion.

One: I do not like class-action law suits. Of the ones I've heard about, the only people who benefitted were the attorneys and usually the worst sleezebag type attorneys.

Two: I include the Law Firm of Wayne Mumphrey as the predator-type law firm mentioned above. I would recommend everyone to utilize either their own personal attorney or someone along the likes of Lance or Greg Noto.

Don't go rushing to sign into a class-action suit. To achieve class status, there has to be a large number of plaintiff's and you become just a number to the firms that are handling the suit.

We all want this to be settled as quickly as possible so we can move forward with rebuilding out homes and lives, but take your time. Call the Murphy Claims Number (877-511-1006) and give them a few days to call you back. Find out what they are offering and get it in writing along with a copy of any legal agreement they may ask you to sign as a release. Take that information and sit in front of your own personal attorney to get a legal opinion about your rights. A large area of Chalmette was effected, but some homes more so than others. Be sure your rights are protected and not just the bank account of Wayne Mumphrey.

Westley