[StBernard] Guards in the parish??where are they??

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Sep 28 14:48:52 EDT 2005

Westley

I would like to comment on the homes that appear to have been looted. The
doors of all the houses were forced open by the military and marked on the
outside as they were doing door to door searches for anyone that may still
be alive or looking for bodies.

As for the checkinng of id, I have not had the opportunity to go back yet, I
have plans to go Monday, Alan is in the parish and has been since day one of
the hurricane. He tells me that the parish is guarded and secured and that
the sheriff's office and military were checking every vehicle coming in and
out of the parish. Now that more citizens are returning, they may not be
checking everyone, but their presence is there and they are watching.

As for the workers that stayed, they themeselves do not have any more
advantage of going into their homes and cleaning up any more than we do. As
I said, Alan had to stay and my house is not cleaned or cleared yet. He
does go there from time to time just checking it out, but it waits just like
everyone else's home for the home owner to return to clean.

I hope this helps some of the citizens understand a lil more of what's going
on and let's give those that stayed behind Thanks for staying and protecting
our parish.

Also, Westley, thanks to you for all of your valuable information.

Charlene Abadie