[StBernard] Guards in the parish??where are they??

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Sep 28 18:15:52 EDT 2005

Hey Charlene,
It's Kim. My perspective on the "looting in the Parish" is this and I wrote
to someone on nola last night...
MOST of the houses in St. Bernard are a total disaster. You really have
nothing of value that could be "looted". The things that most people will
get out of their homes will be of sentimental value only. And even then,
when I went back with my best friend on Ventura, we saved some stuff that we
would have never thought to keep only because there really was nothing else
to take out. This ought to make you smile. Her husband who is NOPD had
made us a list of things that he wanted out of the house. I laughed about
the list all the way into the Parish, because I had been there prior as a
business owner. He did not get his total DVD collection or his trailer
hitch for his truck but he did get a Spongebob/Squarepants rubber cup from
Universal Studios (no it was not on the list, but it was one of a handful of
things that was on top of all of the other junk).
So, my point is this, looting should really not be a problem for any of the
residents of St. Bernard. But, go back for yourself and take a look.
Actually, your first visit you are pretty much in shock; so, you may have to
go twice.
Glad to see that you are all alright.
Kim Duplantier