[StBernard] St. Bernard EDC

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Oct 16 22:45:12 EDT 2005

Hi Wes,
Would you please distribute this to you Email list........

The St. Bernard Parish Economic Development Commission has been busy in
Baton Rouge since Katrina. EDC has had a key role in securing state funding
when FEMA money was delayed. EDC has brought problems to U.S. Senator
Vitter, Landrieu, U.S. Rep Melancon, Governor Blanco, the Insurance
Commissioner, Secretary of State, State legislative delegation, and SBA for
rapid resolution. Some non-sensible FEMA and insurance company requirements
were changed leading to fast-tracking of claims. We are still receiving
reports that some FEMA representatives and insurance companies still haven't
gotten word. You are welcome to report these difficulties to the Email
address listed at the bottom of this message.

Our office is in the Capitol Annex surrounded by La. Economic Development
personnel. SBA is just down the hall. Next week, we travel to Washington,
DC to appear before a joint Senate-House panel regarding Katrina relief
complications and delays in disbursing funds approved by Congress.

We were responsible for updating the website: www.st-bernard.la.us before,
during, and since the storm.

FEMA TRAILERS FOR BUSINESSES

EDC is coordinating the FEMA trailer program with the La. Dept. of Economic
Development. We meet weekly with LED to get preferential treatment for St.
Bernard businesses. Send information to the Email address below. Include
name of your business, contact information, location you plan to place a
trailer, a statement that it has water, power, sewer hookups, name of
employee intended to be housed, and their FEMA NUMBER. We will fill out the
paper work for you and submit in person to LED officials. No waiting in
line, no busy toll free numbers! We will call you back to indicate an
approximate delivery date of the trailer.

We continue to work toward improved conditions for St. Bernard Citizens.

Gary Huettmann, Executive Director
Ghittmann at aol.com