[StBernard] Demolition

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Oct 17 22:13:50 EDT 2005

In reading the information posted on the St. Bernard Web page it states
that FEMA adjusters will be recommending the demolition of homes over 50%
destroyed. Then on a recent e-mail I received it stated that the homes
located south in old arabi would not need demolition. I guess what I am
trying to figure out is what are the adjusters considering 50% destroyed?
Thank you for any and all help you can give in this matter.
Denise Cambre

RESPONSE

The building inspectors are assessing structural issues only- a house could
still be recommended for demolition even if structurally it was okay- other
factors like environmental and /or feasibility.

God Bless,
Craig