[StBernard] Update From State Representative Nita Rusich Hutter

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Oct 21 20:39:36 EDT 2005

Update From State Representative Nita Rusich Hutter

October 21, 2005

----

COPY OF LETTER RECENTLY SENT TO THE GOVERNOR REQUESTING HER TO INCLUDE
LEGISLATION IN THE UPCOMING SPECIAL SESSION THAT WILL ASSIST WITH THE ST.
BERNARD PARISH SCHOOL SYSTEM. PLEASE SEND YOUR PERSONAL REQUEST TO SUPPORT
THIS EFFORT BY E-MAILING THE GOVERNOR'S OFFICE AT CONTACT at LA.GOV.

October 21, 2005

The Honorable Kathleen Babineaux Blanco
Governor, State of Louisiana
Post Office Box 94004
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70804

Dear Governor Blanco:

Thank you for your meeting with Superintendent of St. Bernard Parish Schools
Doris Voitier and myself on October 18. As we discussed, the St. Bernard
Parish School System is facing a severe setback at every level as a result
of Hurricane Katrina.

While we are very grateful for your time and attention, it will only be your
actions that will confirm your intent for our future. Please make every
effort in your power to include in the Call the items that we discussed that
will provide assistance to our dear retirees, distinguished teaching
faculty, excellent staff and outstanding students.

Attached are the drafts of the very specific and finite legislation that
will sustain our parish school system. The requests that we have outlined
are few, but major to our rebuilding efforts. Please do not let one of your
finest school systems endure anymore hardship from this disaster. We plead
for your assistance.

Respectfully,

Nita Rusich Hutter