[StBernard] Murphy Oil

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Oct 23 12:32:45 EDT 2005

I have received reports that someone claiming to represent Murphy Oil is
calling residents affected by the oil spill and offering a settlement.

At this point there is no confirmation that this is an official offer from
Murphy. My contacts have requested that the offers be made in writing so
that all details can be studied first.

Just some notes for you should you get a phone call:

* Unless you have actually retained an attorney to represent you, do not
answer yes when you are asked if you have an attorney. If you answer yes,
they will have to stop talking to you and make contact with your attorney.

* Be sure to ask for any offers in writing. Do not make a hasty decision to
accept or reject whatever offer they give you.

* You will be asked to visit their office. Decline any visits until you have
a written copy of their offer.

At this point it is not known if the offer is to buy out your lot or just an
offer for the troubles caused.

Because of non-disclosure agreements, I cannot reveal what the offers have
been.

Westley