[StBernard] Renew insurance coverage

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Oct 27 12:21:46 EDT 2005

I know there have been a few repsonses concerning insurance coverage, but I
thought I'd add a bit of information. I took a friend to payoff her first
mortgage and her lender advised her to NOT cancel her homeowners insurance.
Although your property is damaged there is still a structure standing and
your homeowners insurance should remain in place to cover theft, fire,
accidents, etc. Without homeowners insurance you are no longer protected if
any one of these happens.

The lenders example was specific to fire. And given the circumstances if
your gas happens to be turned back on and there is a small spark of any
kind, you could be looking at fire damage. And you are correct to worry
about accidents happening on your property. Without insurance you may be
looking at a personal law suit. Think twice before you cancel.

Tracey Honold