[StBernard] Yellow Ribbons as A Sign of Hope in St. Bernard

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Oct 27 23:55:57 EDT 2005

Deborah,
You said it all when you said "It's not about the stuff we lost". I have
been saying that since day 1. My greatest lost is not the stuff but being
separated from my family and friends. I took the nastiest assignment in the
bank so that I could be closer to home. I am currently working in
Bellechaise where I have organized and am supervising the safe deposit box
retrieval process for our 10 branches that were under water. It is a smelly,
depressing environment but I get to see many friends, neighbors, and
community/business leaders. For the most part we encourage each other and
talk about when we get back home. The sad times are the conversations with
those who say they just can't find the strength or courage to go back for
fear of it happening again. I think the yellow ribbons are a great idea and
can't wait to go to mass at Prompt Succor Sunday and then go tie my yellow
ribbon on Palmisano Blvd. Thanks Deborah, hope to see lots of yellow
ribbons this weekend.

Rose Campagna
EVP General Banking
New Orleans 504 584-1319