[StBernard] Murphy Oil Class Action Lawsuit

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Oct 28 20:07:57 EDT 2005

Thanks Westley.

Craig

-----Original Message-----

A New Orleans federal court next week will hear a motion seeking to limit
Murphy's ability to contact residents. Judge Eldon Fallon rejected a
previous effort by plaintiffs to restrict Murphy, but said the court would
``police'' Murphy's communications.

----------------------

Unless I have agreed to be a member of the class action why shouldn't Murphy
be allowed to contact me? This action seems to be the very opposite of what
this country was founded on, Taxation without representation. In this
case, it is a group of money-hungry trial lawyers attempt to unfairly tax me
without any legal jurisdiction or my consent.

If Judge Fallon does restrict communications from Murphy Oil, myself and
other residents will file a motion to lift the restriction.

Although I have stated it before, I will say it again.

* Call the Murphy Oil Claims number (877-511-1006) if you have not already
done so.
* Sign and return the right-of-entry form that will be mailed to you.
* When Murphy's attorney's call you, meet with them and listen to their
offer. Have them give you the offer in writing along with a copy of what
ever release form they will want you to sign.
* Contact YOUR personal attorney to discuss your options and proceed from
there.

If you need an attorney, I suggest you call Lance Liccardi (866-333-6533),
he is in the parish everyday or Greg Noto (504-279-6686), he has opened an
office in Baton Rouge. I believe Tillery & Tillery has also reopened their
offices, but I cannot remember where.

I urge you to stay away from the vultures who are only looking to profit off
of our misfortune.

Westley