[StBernard] The Vultures Attack

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Oct 28 21:54:11 EDT 2005

In an email I sent out recently, I strongly criticized the attorneys who are
pursuing the class action lawsuit against Murphy Oil.

This evening I received an email from one of those attorneys who took issue
with me referring to the "Court appointed Plaintiffs Steering Committee" as
"a group of money-hungry trial lawyers" and is now threatening legal action
against me.

For those who took the time to actually read the email, they can see that no
where did I once use the term "vulture", but since he did, I had no problem
using it in this emails subject line.

I have consistently stressed that everyone should speak to their own
personal attorney in regards to any claims against Murphy Oil rather than
blindly signing up to be a member of this class action. I have even given
the names of St. Bernard attorneys who are willing to assist residents in
this or other legal matters relating to Hurricane Katrina for free or
reduced fees.

Because this email list was started by me, is maintained by me, and is
funded by me, I do exercise totalitarian control over it. No messages are
sent out through the list without first being read by me. This policy has
been in force since the inception of my first email list, which was started
years before Hurricane Katrina.

As such, I also control who is subscribed to the list and I have cancelled
the subscription of the attorney threatening legal action against me. He
will have to get his copies through a third-party, which is now illegal.

I am placing a copyright on all messages which are sent through my list and
prohibiting the forwarding of the messages to anyone who is a member of the
American Bar Association, the Louisiana Bar Association, the St. Bernard Bar
Association, the American Trial Lawyers Association, or any other group
which has a membership consisting of 25% or more of persons holding a Juries
Doctorate. In short, if the person is not an attorney, you can forward the
messages to them. If they are an attorney, whether practicing or not, then
you cannot forward the messages to them.

Also, as a side note, just because your family has lived in St. Bernard for
100 years or more, does not make you a better citizen of St. Bernard than
someone who has only lived in the parish for two weeks. It is what YOU did
to make St. Bernard a better place to live that determines how good of a
citizen you truly are.

Thanks,
Westley