[StBernard] Disaster Relief Update From State Senator Walter Boasso

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Oct 29 13:12:58 EDT 2005

Disaster Relief Update From State Senator Walter Boasso

October 28, 2005

----

Just wanted to update you on an important Job Fair coming up on Tuesday to
help our unemployed residents gain meaningful employment to get back on
their feet, as well as inform you about the Louisiana Housing Finance
Agency's Hurricane Crisis Assistance Program benefitting households with low
income:

* * * The St. Bernard and East St. Tammany Job Centers are co-sponsoring a
job fair on Tuesday, November 1, 2005 from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm at the Slidell
Municipal Auditorium, 2056 Second Street in the old downtown portion of
Slidell. Shane Boucher of the Louisiana Department of Labor strongly
encourages interested St. Bernard Parish residents to come to Slidell next
Tuesday morning and meet with representatives of over 50 companies willing
to hire in their efforts to rebuild our local economies and communities. You
don't have to pre-register and any questions about the Job Fair can be
directed to Mr. Boucher at SBOUCHER at LDOL.STATE.LA.US

* * * The Louisiana Housing Finance Agency was recently granted $12,000,000
in crisis funding to be used for the LIHEAP - Low Income Home Energy
Assistance Program. These funds can provide grants up to $500 to help
low-income evacuees pay rent or utilities and can even help all those
wonderful families out there who are sheltering our evacuees pay the
electric bill.

Applicants must contact their local Housing Agency Community Action Provider
by either calling the Agency's Hurricane Relief phone bank at 1-866-310-7971
or by clicking on the following website:
http://www.lhfa.state.la.us/katrina/housing.php and then click on "Community
Action Provider" list at that site.

Sincerely,
Senator Walter J. Boasso