[StBernard] FEMA with new building code

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Oct 31 07:18:36 EST 2005

-----Original Message-----

mitigiation funds (money to raise your house)

Can one build higher than required? My husband is currently making plans
for a house with enough space underneath to use for car garage (open) and
two stories above that, so basically the groundfloor an open first floor. He
compares that to the houses in Venetian Isle.
Will there be a restriction on a subdivision or street due to neighborhood
houses matching each other etc? Currently none of our neighbors seem to have
plans to return or rebuild, so we may just be the only house on the street
for a while.

Gaby