[StBernard] Flood Insurance buy-in

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Oct 31 07:19:53 EST 2005

Please clarify a point of disagreement between myself and a friend - the
buy -in is for those without flood insurance. However, I contend that it
only for those who were in a location that it was not required. My friend
contends that it is for anyone AND that underinsured can buy more insurance.
I have a personal stake in this since I have an elderly relative that had no
mortgage and thus no flood insurance. Can they participate? And, if the
bill allows for more insurance to be purchased, I guess we will all be
lining up to buy the maxmum flood limits!!

Hope someone can shed some light on this for us. Thanks, Patty Lotz