[StBernard] Flood Insurance buy-in

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Oct 31 07:38:26 EST 2005

Patty,

As the bill reads now, in its original form, only those who had home owners
insurance but not flood insurance can buy into the program. Also, it is
important to remember that it does not allow for coverage of contents, only
the structure can be covered.

Personally, I think the idea of no contents coverage should help passage of
the bill, so I don't want to see it added even though it means I would have
no contents coverage myself.

Realize that I'm looking at getting this bill passed as quickly as possible,
so I don't want to see too many amendments to it. Allowing people to up
their coverage could be detrimental to passage of the bill.

Finally, I know that Wendy has sent us some zipcodes for representatives in
Florida, but they could be a double-edged sword. This bill currently only
allows victims of Hurricane Katrina to buy into the program. I believe the
bill was introduced before Rita and was way before Wilma.

You can always go to Library of Congress web site to get a copy of the bill.
http://thomas.loc.gov

Search for HB3922.

Westley