[StBernard] Free Bull dozing of houses

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Nov 3 23:06:40 EST 2005

I've been told that the Parish will receive $30,000 for each house they
bulldoze for us, for "free". This money will be paid to them thru something
called ICC, some type of attachment, or, rider to our insurance policies.
I've also been told that there is some way that we, the actual policy
holders, and, property owners, can be paid the $30,000 if we bulldoze
ourselves, and not have it done by, or, through, the Parish... Does anyone
have any info on this matter? Perhaps a large group of us (individuals)
who will have to have our homes bulldozed, could get together, and,
contract with a bulldozing company to have the job done. Then we could
collect the funds, and, pay the bulldozing, and, pocket any residual money?
If this is possible, why give it to the Parish officials, if the money can
be collected by the individual who actually incurred the loss?

Charlie Fos
e-mail: fosc at randacorp.com