[StBernard] Central adopts Chalmette

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 9 23:13:23 EST 2005

Westley,
My daughter, Melissa, teaches at Central Private in Baton Rouge. She
told the teachers and principal about the devestation of our home and our
community of Chalmette. She brought the pictures we took of the area to
school to show the destruction. Everyone was so moved, including the
principal. He is also the mayor of the city of Central. The city of
Central wanted to help the areas affected by Katrina. Because Central is
about the size of Chalmette and their are a number of people from Chalmette
who have temporarily found a place to stay in Central and Baton Rouge,
Central is adopting Chalmette. There goal is to raise $100,000 to help in
restoring the Community of Chalmette's school.
A number of things have already taken place in different schools in
Central. They will be holding a fundraiser on Saturday, January 14, 2006
from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00p.m. There will be food, entertainment, and a live
auction. Presold tickets will be $10.00. They are calling the fundraiser,
"Cookin' for Our Neighbors." It will be held at St. Alphonsus Family
Center.
I just wanted to let the people in our community know that there are
others outside our community that are praying for us and trying to help.
Jane Stahl