[StBernard] possible counciling

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 9 23:14:23 EST 2005

Jennifer,

My son is three also and is behaving the same way. He talks about his toys
being under the water. We went to a Halloween fest in Covington last
weekend and a guy on the street had a batman shirt on. Sam stopped him on
the side walk and told him he loved his batman shirt, and that he had one,
but its under the water.

I found that Sam was really aggressive and angry until I found a new daycare
that was a small neighborhood place like he went to before. He still has
his moments, especially since we're living with my sister and he really
doesn't have his own space anymore.

I find that he needs more time and attention with me than before and that he
plays by himself, I have to be in the same room with him or he gets a little
irrate. I find he tells me he loves me a whole lot more now too.

I think that just like we all feel lost without our own familiar things and
own spaces. Just imagine how that must feel for a three year old who had
his own schedule, his own friends, and his own cozy bed.

I find that his bad moments are a little worse, but his good days are even
better. Just be patient because even though they love the saying...the
terrible twos, it runs into the threes also! They are just better at
it...especially when they can't have their own way!!!!!

I don't know if any of this helps, but don't feel like your child is the
only one. Good luck and hang in there!

Dawn