[StBernard] possible counceling

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Nov 14 08:47:44 EST 2005

Dawn and Jennifer,

this is kind of a late reply but i've been without internet access for a
couple of weeks.

i'm also a single parent (yes, dads can be single parents too :) ) and have
experienced the same issues with my 12 yr old son.

one thing i did was to try and replace items he considered valuable. while
staying in Ruston i found a part time job and with my first decent paycheck
i bought him a new bicycle and a used Game Cube. silly things to me and i
could have put the money to better use but to a 12 yr old boy these are his
treasures. i've also replace a few action figures and such that were left
behind and destroyed. his "attitude" settled from the Jeckle/Hyde
personality for a normal pre-teen attitude.

don't know if this helps you any but replacing my son's lost items, along
with moving closer to home (slidell), has really helped him out.

good luck and God bless both of you.

Jesse