[StBernard] Disaster Relief Update From State Senator Walter Boasso

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Nov 14 21:27:30 EST 2005

Disaster Relief Update From State Senator Walter Boasso

November 14, 2005

----

Just wanted to update you on an important Job Fair coming up on Tuesday to
help our unemployed residents gain meaningful employment to get back on
their feet, as well as inform you about the state's special website
allowing our local businesses interested in subcontracting with FEMA's prime
contractors to register online:

* * * The St. Bernard and East St. Tammany Job Centers are co-sponsoring a
job fair on Tuesday, November 15 , 2005 from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm at the
Slidell Municipal Auditorium, 2056 Second Street in the old downtown portion
of Slidell. Shane Boucher of the Louisiana Department of Labor strongly
encourages interested St. Bernard Parish residents to come to Slidell next
Tuesday morning and meet with representatives of over 50 companies willing
to hire in their efforts to rebuild our local economies and communities. You
don't have to pre-register and any questions about the Job Fair can be
directed to Mr. Boucher at SBOUCHER at LDOL.STATE.LA.US

* * * The Louisiana Department of Economic Development (under the guidance
of Secretary Michael Olivier) is working closely with staff at the FEMA
Joint Operations Center in Baton Rouge to match contracting capabilities
with available needs and opportunities. The LDED is asking businesses
interested in subcontracting with FEMA's prime contractors to register at
http://www.accesslouisiana.com Questions about the website can be directed
to 337-482-0628.

Sincerely,
Senator Walter J. Boasso