[StBernard] Wishlists - Christmas Cheer for the Parish!

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 16 14:55:09 EST 2005

Relief Spark is pleased to offer Christmas Cheer to St. Bernard Parish.
Thousands of Toys, Christmas trees, lights and holiday decorations to all of
the Domino Refinery Families, the 701 school children and any other students
and other families who register with Relief Spark before Christmas. This is
so exciting for the Parish. Now I hope the Parish will help us out as we
are looking to pass out a form and collect it right after Thanksgiving in
order to try to match specific requests of children and their families and
as we are seeking to do this at the new St. Bernard School we need Parish
assistance and the schools cooperation for this project to get off the
ground.

Thank you Gaby and Gethsemane Lutheran Church for offering your parking lot
for a staging area for this project for St. Bernard Parish. Thank you to
Tower Engineering, Inc. for offering a local corporate sponsorship for this
project. Thank you also to Angel Steinmann and to Craig! It will take many
more volunteers to help kick off a project of this size in our Parish and in
the end each child's smile and every family who is a little better off for
Christmas will make this project worth while!

There is much more exciting news to come from Relief Spark in the days and
weeks ahead. We will update you as it is approved by the Parish government,
the Parish school and anyone else who needs to sign off on this offer of
help. Please contact me if you would like to volunteer with this Christmas
project. There are many volunteer opportunities.

Currently we really need at least 1-3 volunteers to pass out and collect the
forms to the Refinery families. And we are also looking for a contact to
help us seek permission to pass out the forms to the school children and to
collect them at a central location within the school (if this approved by
the school) and then have them mailed to Relief Spark.

Please contact me if you would like to assist with any aspect of this
project. Volunteers can be used in all aspects from planning to the actual
day Santa arrives for all of the families.

Relief Spark's goal is to bring a little Christmas cheer to all of the
children and families living in St. Bernard Parish as well as help with much
needed relief for St. Bernard Parish. If Relief Spark's proposal is
approved you will see Relief Spark in for the long haul to help our Parish
rebuild by providing assistance directly to families.

Thank you so much,
Amanda Ackermann
Resident of St. Bernard, Displaced to Lafayette
Coordinator for Relief Spark in St. Bernard
Amanda at ReliefSpark.org