[StBernard] Insurance law suit

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Nov 18 18:58:47 EST 2005

We were having a problem with getting our fence covered by our
homeowners until our neighbor spoke up. He stayed behind in the Parish and
witnessed our fence knock over. He was kind enough to offer to talk to our
insurance company if needed. I just hope it is not needed. I just dont
understand insurance companies as they also made a gross error with my
inlaws home with the homeowner's check and now we are also trying so hard to
get hers straightened out as well as ours. I think if you take a cross
section of our Parish you would find a majority having problems with their
homeowners vs flood insurance.

These insurance companies should be held accountable for their actions
somehow especially about what damage did the wind actually do versus what
happened with the surge of the storm. I still cant believe the insurance
companies and their adjusters... either you end up with someone who is
knowledgeable or you end up with someone who does not even know how to
measure a house correctly. I am amazed that for all of these years I
faithfully paid my premium and now when we are in the most need they are
unsupervised.
well... It seems we are all having problems one way or another with
insurance...

I am also grateful the parish is stepping up to the plate on this one.
It is badly needed!!!

Amanda