[StBernard] Close MRGO

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Nov 18 19:35:21 EST 2005

Here is a link to the new St. Bernard Parish Citizens Recovery Committee.
They want our feedback regarding rebuilding our parish and community.

In particular, you can voice your objections to the proposal to allow the
Port of New Orleans to dredge the MRGO to a depth of 28' and continue to
allow deep water vessels to use it!@$*

If you haven't read it already, here's the article about the MRGO/St.
Bernard proposal from the Times-Picayune:
http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/stbernard/index.ssf?/base/news-2/11322141582304
70.xml

I want to go back to Chalmette, but I'd have to agree with veterinarian Don
Duplantier that I won't return if the MRGO is allowed to be dredged! I'm
calling David Gorbaty immediately to let him know!! ; Please forward to
anyone else you know who'd like to return to the parish to have them express
their opinions too.

Dede

www.stbpcrc.com

ricarddede at yahoo.com