[StBernard] Adult Bookstores

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Nov 18 19:41:16 EST 2005

Gaby,
Check your priorities. You're concerned with these bookstores which are near
no children, and I think one of them is in Orleans Parish.
If you are concerned with the image of the parish you need to speak out
against the many bars and convenience stores which sell alcohol and
cigarettes 24 hours a day.
And I guess you don't know about the gambling that goes on in the parish,
the back rooms of bars where card games were allowed.
Maybe the bars should move far away on Paris Rd.
There are things, businesses and people which offend me, but this is
America. I'm offended by the way some people dress but I don't want them
locked up or exiled because this is still America.
Many people had bars in their neighborhoods. Let's get rid of the bars first
and then worry about something that is so far removed from neighborhoods you
can only be offended by the sight of it.
Alcohol and cigarettes are a much bigger problem with young people and
others than an pornography. They can get all the pornography they want on
the internet. They don't have to buy it.But some of the bars are owned by
important people in the parish and we surely can't offend them.
David Jochum