[StBernard] A New St. Bernard Awaits You

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Nov 18 19:42:26 EST 2005

..And without further ado,..you're 150% correct. Take a stand and watch
things happen all around the parish. Compromise and the people go about
their business in other states waiting for the next hurricane to wipe out
St. Bernard Parish (and over, and over, and over again, no matter how
idealistic one tends to be in dreaming of a "super-St. Bernard Parish).

I look at it this way. If a movie producer/and or fiction writer, etc. can
dream up a "disaster movie concept" in his/her mind, then it can happen
again (oh, did I say and again, and again and again,..blah!..

Before restoration----must come the creation of a protection never realized
before. Just piling up mud won't work. They lead to mud slides, breaks and
work putting down sandbags only to be torn down.

Remember if the leaders can dream of "da perfect parish", they can do it
(depending upon how much time they will spend lobbying for an idea they can
win. The U.S. has seen the mountain, now St. Bernard Parish must come to it.

Jerry M.