[StBernard] no safe place

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Nov 18 20:04:16 EST 2005

Before restoration----must come the creation of a protection never
realized
before

There is no guarantee anywhere of total safety. When considering moving
elsewhere, it became quite clear to us that the only safe place will be
heaven. As long as we are here, there is danger, and we chose St Bernard
with hurricanes.
Iowa, Kansas etc tornadoes, no
Minnesota etc blizzards, no
Germany, several major wars were fought there, and I remember being there
during the Chernobyl thing. That is a yes for me, yet a no for my husband.
Destrehan, well we would evacuate from there too.
California, earthquakes and mud slides, no.
Our present stay in St Francisville next to a nuclear plant: temporary only.
Well, I am not looking at a guaranteed safety as it is impossible. Closing
the Mr Go will be a good start, but a plane could fall on us. I could be bit
by one of those many snakes crawling around my house. So, yes, try to
protect the parish from such devastation, but dont try to tell me it is
safer elsewhere because it is not.

(raised in a country destroyed by two world wars, thirty year war, black
plague, and many other disasters, divided by the iron curtain and a wall,
covered in nuclear fall out, and still there and flourishing)

Gaby