[StBernard] Ideas for the new St. Bernard

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Nov 19 08:55:17 EST 2005

Michelle, Sam, etc...

While I personally would like to see a cleaner St. Bernard, I can't help
but say that this goes to far. These businesses didn't have salacious or
obscene images or advertisiments outside their buildings. They were plain
jane buildings with their names on it. I drove by these buildings and
outside of it being a blue building, my kids were none the wiser. I beleive
that many are walking a fine line that shouldn't be crossed when we try to
decided where and what businesses could and should be placed. May I remind
all of you that these businesses were doing enough on their profits lines to
maintain their businesses where they were- meaning that many St. Bernard
residents spent their money there. Second, I don't here any out cry over
Merry Dog House and that was a place kids could go in AND that was in St.
Bernard Parish...If we push this, what will be the next abomination- or on
the other hand, maybe we will limit the number of restaurants, daycares, etc
and let free enterprises go out into the gulf with the remains of Katrina...

Wendy Hall