[StBernard] Modular Homes

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Nov 22 06:17:03 EST 2005

Use caution with modular homes. I live in Ocean Springs,
MS. My entire subdivision is modular. The contractors who
built these homes used low grade and low quality materials.
I lost one entire side of my homes siding and insulated
sheathing allowing rain damage to my home. Please ask to
see the materials being used before agreeing to a home. If
you can, pay a little extra and upgrade. Wished I had known
these things before I bought. Having to pay out of pocket
now to bring things up to a beffier condition. Other than
that, they go up quick, and look very nice. Really have no
other complaints. Hope this saves you guys some headaches.
Bob