[StBernard] Modular Homes

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Nov 22 06:18:33 EST 2005

Okay, gotta get in on this one. I totally disagree with
your term modular referring to mobile home. Modular homes
are pre-fabricated-that part you are correct. However,
after watching several get built in my subdivision I do not
believe in any such way that these are "fancy mobile
homes". Buddy, when you build the two and a half story
mobile home, call me cause I wanna see it. These homes
arrive with walls pre built on a flat bed. Another flat bed
arrives with all the neccessary attaching boards. The walls
are then attached to a CONCRETE slab, (note the lack of
wheels) with the rest of the building being completed
within a few weeks. A real roof is put on along with
sheetrocked walls, double pane windows, and just about any
other amenity you find in a normal home. They are NOT fancy
mobile homes! These are honest to goodness real homes that
just happen to be pre-fabricated rather than cut and nailed
on site. I hope this clarifies the term to those who may be
thinking of purchasing one of these homes. Let me make it
perfectly clear- there are NO WHEELS TO BE REMOVED!!!!