[StBernard] determination to return

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 30 18:05:36 EST 2005

Craig,. Thanks for the response. I am quite determined, although we also
face the possible future purchase of a home in an area we would rather not
live in but may be forced to by circumstance. We do want to return and would
prefer to return now, but it is not feasible.
I am sure that everyone is working hard and faces not only the dangers to
their own homestead but also their livelihood as many jobs depend on the
parish to flourish again.
I am feverishly trying to add more and more contacts to an email group I
have to let people know the positive steps that are being taken in the
parish, but I do get many negative responses and disbelief.
Time I do not really have for any additional positions as I am working in St
Francisville and Colfax and hope to pick up some lost clients next year
again in Hammond. I wish to help as much as I can but would not want to
commit as I would overcommit and not be able to live up to it. My efforts
away from work are mostly geared to our family/home and our Gethsemane
Church for now. However, as a congregations, GLC is willing to help as much
as possible to respond to the needs of the community as it is growing again.
Many of our congregation are receiving updates about the work in the parish
even though they are not reading the list. That is the least I can do. Hope
I can do more as time goes on.
Sincerely a choice St Bernardian, Gaby