[StBernard] MR HUNNICUT ON CHANNEL 8 NEWS

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 30 18:08:16 EST 2005

WooHoo, Sylvia!
Everything that you said is exactly what I was screaming at the tv set last
nite as I was watching that news segment!!
And to add to the list of questions that keep us from making decisions:
What about the new building/rebuilding codes?? I read Nita Hutter's update
about a new code requiring that homes be able to withstand 140 mph wind
speeds in lower lying parishes.

What about insurance?? Are our rates going to be unaffordable??

What about a government buy-out?? Has any FEDERAL official said that it is
their intent to rebuild St.Bernard Parish?? I know on the local level, ALL
officials have that intent, but what about on the federal level??

It seems that there are too many decisions to be made, and someone needs to
step up to the plate and start making some long-term decisions! Stop
talking, stop trying to please everyone, and let's all move on with our
lives, whether it be in St.Bernard Parish, or somewhere else!!

Tracie