[StBernard] yellow ribbons on houses

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Dec 1 22:00:31 EST 2005

I'm not sure who came up with the idea that yellow ribbons mean people
are coming back, but I will tell you who started the first ribbon on
their house. It was my wife, Kay Doody. A couple of months ago when
we were cleaning and gutting our house on Brittany Place in Arabi, Kay,
who likes to sew and embroidery found a big yellow ribbon and bow. She
decided to tie it around the whole house instead of throw it away for
no real reason except to show she still cares for St. Bernard. In
spite of all the bad politics going on there. More to come on that
later.
Craig Klein
http://craigklein.neworleansnightcrawlers.com