[StBernard] Suspension of building permits

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Dec 6 16:07:34 EST 2005

Mr. Taffaro:

I have reviewed the ratings on quite a few houses near my own and that of
family members, and have noticed in this forum that no one has less than 30%
damage to their property. Would you consider bringing it to the parish
council's attention that perhaps there was a simple mis-interpretation and
that the intent, as far as the required inspection issue, was homes with
damage "greater than 30%". I assume that was the intent and if so, would
eliminate quite a few homeowners from having to pay for inspections.

On the other hand, if there is so little confidence in the quality of the
inspections, then I guess everyone will need one just to be on the safe
side.

I don't want to be penny wise and dollar foolish, but at this point, I
wouldn't even know who or what company I would need to call for the
appropriate inspection, nor what a reasonable fee would be.

John Richardson