[StBernard] Editorial Page

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Dec 7 08:59:54 EST 2005

How to make the feds care
Wednesday, December 07, 2005
New Orleans was the city that care forgot, and now the federal government
wants to forget us with "Katrina Fatigue."

The feds have no idea of what fatigue is until they sit on hold with FEMA,
insurance companies, etc. Well, let's make them care.

If the federal government doesn't want to help finance our rebuilding, let's
do it ourselves. For every gallon of gas that crosses the state line we
raise a state tax of one dollar. With huge oil companies trying to dodge
federal investigations on price gouging, raising gas prices outside of
Louisiana should make the entire country stand up and take notice.

We can say we were doing just what the federal government and Rush Limbaugh
recommended -- helping ourselves!

Wendy Hall

Violet

Now in Norway, Maine