[StBernard] Loop for Travel Trailers

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Dec 7 09:02:27 EST 2005

It is my understanding that you need to set up a new account with Entergy
for the Travel trailers. You need to set up a temporary pole account so
that they can bring you a new meter. If the meter on your house went under
water, it is no longer any good and will have to be pulled by Entergy. If
the meter did not go under, you can leave it there so when your electrician
replaces your circuit box (if it went under water), switches and plugs, you
can easily get your power re-stored to your house. You will basically have
two accounts with Entergy. When you call Entergy you will need to tell them
the new service is for a FEMA trailer and they should be able to help. I
have seen FEMA installing the temporary power poles for the trailers, but
Entergy will need to connect. Please remember, your area may not have power
available yet. From what I was told, if your power is underground, every
transformer in that grid will need to be checked (since they were under
water) and could have to be replaced before the power can be turned by on.
Sorry if this is bad news.

Martha