[StBernard] need help/ammunition/info...

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Dec 8 09:02:01 EST 2005

As for the loss of use, or Additional Living Expenses (ALE), Allstate has
told me that I can have it as long as I don't have a place to live (rent,
buy, etc) If we rented, they sould pay for it and if we rented (not bought)
furniture, they would pay for it. But, it has not been easy....

I was only granted ALE after I called to get the $2,500 advance everyone
else had received. I was told that they were not doing that any longer and
went over expenses with me over the phone and sent me a check for $1601.42.
Six weeks later another person calls and says she needs receipts for the
$1600.42, to which I reply that they made the figure based on what I told
them, paying mileage at 48 cents a mile, etc. No matter to them, I am
having to find gas receipts, etc.....So moral of the story is you can have
it longer than 14 days, go fight for it.

Be careful though, FEMA gave you money for similar things, so do not use
expenses for both.

Patty