[StBernard] need help/ammunition/info...

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Dec 8 23:02:02 EST 2005

Most people are only getting 14 days for loss of use. Insurance
companies
are claiming they are paying the loss of use for the mandatory
evacuation,
which stops at 14 days. Any other loss is from the flooding which
is not
covered.

Westley

I also told them that there was a PHASED ENTRY and another evacuation due to
Rita, leaving us away from the parish for three and a half weeks instead of
two. Plus I had coverage for loss of use if the place is uninhabitable.
Still, the adjuster knows only about the two weeks. So I waited until I got
the check for the roof (with no house to put the roof on) and wrote my
appeal then.
I also told the adjuster twice that we had human decomposed matter on the
roof which needs to be removed by hazmat unit. She states she did not see
the stain but 'may' have smelled it. No payment for that.
So I wrote again WITH picture of the HUGE stain that can NOT be missed if
she measured our roof as she said. In fact, she would have stepped into the
gelled stuff.

Gaby