[StBernard] Flood Insurance Buy-In

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Dec 10 17:59:25 EST 2005

Wesley, I was out of pocket for a few days. What happened with the bill
about letting people with homeowner's insurance be able to buy flood
insurance retroactive to before Katrina? This would be really interesting
to my niece who bought my mom's house on Riverland, one of the highest areas
in the parish.
You know, it's funny. My mom told us for years and years, before she
passed, Bless her Soul, that if her house had water that New Orleans would
be underwater and they had about 3-4 feet in her house, so I guess she was
right all along.
Anyway, anything you can tell me would be appreciated.
Jeri Hastings