[StBernard] red ribbons / *** ORANGE RIBBONS MURPHY OIL SPILL

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Dec 11 17:36:22 EST 2005

Alan,

and futher testing will not indicate oil. Time is not
the the homeowners side." Fear not. Remember what we learned in chemistry
class - "matter cannot be created nor destroyed in a chemical reaction" -
and this particularly applies to petroleum and its biproducts.

True, over time it can "appear" to be less evident, but don't worry - it's
still there. It might even seep deeper into the ground as the rains come -
but it's still there. In the future, soil analyst might need to bore just a
little deeper, but they'll find it. Also, why wait on Murphy? While I'm
not certain of the precise cost, I can't imagine it would be too expensive
for you to bring some samples to an independent lab for an analysis. Just
be sure to document everything you do - video taping is a good idea.
Perhaps the testing service can go out to your property for an additional
charge. I'm certain some folks through this correspondence can lead you to
a soil analysis service - or try the yellow pages or google to find one.

That's how I would proceed - and probably will since my residence is in the
spill zone.

Best of luck to you,

John Scurich