[StBernard] American Nightmare

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Dec 11 17:37:08 EST 2005

I heartily agree. Either FEMA is turning this into a wild goose chase to
give tax-payers "our" money or they are truly as inept as one can fear;
probably both. I was told by the SBA loan officer and the closing officer
that we cannot use SBA monies to refinance our mortgage and after reading
their own bylaws it clearly states that: "The SBA can (I guess "can" is the
key word)refinance all or part of a previous morgage when he has suffered
substantial damage not covered by insurance and intends to repair the
damage" (that would be us). Geez, I should be a lawyer. Wish me luck as I
attack them again! Bless everyone who has suffered and try to have a
beautiful holiday season! Mudpie