[StBernard] Statement Regarding WH Commitment to Strengthen Levees in SE La.

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Dec 15 17:26:30 EST 2005

Statement Regarding the White House's Commitment to Strengthen Levees in
Southeast Louisiana
Dr. Norman Francis, Chairman, Louisiana Recovery Authority

"The White House's commitment of additional fiscal resources to rebuild
levees beyond pre-Katrina strength will be music to the ears of scores of
Louisiana residents struggling to rebuild after Hurricane Katrina. We are
most grateful for this assistance. It's a critical first step in the state's
long-term goal of implementing a comprehensive hurricane and coastal
protection system. Based on Don Powell's statements today, I know we will be
able to work effectively together to achieve that goal as well."

###

The Louisiana Recovery Authority, a 23-member body appointed by Governor
Kathleen Babineaux Blanco, is the planning and coordinating body that will
assist in implementing the Governor's vision for the recovery of Louisiana.
The authority will identify and prioritize the short- and long-term needs of
the recovery. The authority will seek out and value local input as it plans
and implements the recovery.

--

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation (LDRF), Louisiana's fund for
Louisiana's people, has been established by Governor Kathleen Babineaux

1-877-HELPLA1 (877-435-7521) www.louisianahelp.org