[StBernard] Governor's statement on President's commitment to rebuild New Orleans levees

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Dec 15 17:26:59 EST 2005

Governor Blanco's Statement on President Bush's commitment to
rebuild New Orleans levees

"I want to thank the President for his commitment to rebuild the New Orleans
levees to a true category 3 level. It is a strong signal to our families
that they can come home and rebuild.

"New Orleans can rebuild with more confidence and businesses can reestablish
themselves, knowing that their investments will be better protected.

"This is a down payment. This is one of our top federal priorities. Now it's
time to fight for housing.

"This announcement was a good prelude to my meeting today with Department of
Housing and Urban Development Secretary Alphonso Jackson. We had a
productive conversation on how the federal government can partner with
Louisiana as citizens rebuild. I look forward to working with him on
critical housing solutions."

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation (LDRF), Louisiana''s fund for
Louisiana''s people, has been established by Governor Kathleen Babineaux
Blanco in order to support long-term family restoration and recovery and
help provide assistance to our citizens in need through a network of
Louisiana charities and non-profit agencies.

1-877-HELPLA1 (877-435-7521) www.louisianahelp.org