[StBernard] The looters and intruders

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Dec 15 23:14:10 EST 2005

Remember the cop's initiative:

"To serve and protect".

If this is not accomplished, let's ask the Sheriff's department why not?

If They claim they have no resources of men and women, money, etc. Let's ask
the Parish government: "Why can't we be served and protected by our law
enforcement?"

If the answer to this is: "Because we're strapped finacially, either through
a tax-base that's evaporated like hot water on a 100 degree day", then we
ask:

"Where do we get the money?"

If this cannot be answered to a proper discourse, we inititate the following

"Why then, do we need you to take care of us?" The answer might be: "It's
not worth the $600 a month", or "They don't pay me enough for all this
*cra&!* " Or "I'm not running in next election, because I'm now a "lame
duck" and lame ducks "let things happen" .

So, back to the original question. "If the Sheriff's office is not
protecting us and our property, then why not?" (and if the local parish
government has any imput or power in politics, then why isn't it a catalyst
to correct a problem that is plaguing us all?

Jer.