[StBernard] reconstruction of levees

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Dec 16 18:22:10 EST 2005

I don't understand.......no measures to stengthen the levees in St.Bernard?
If the first priority is for the SAFETY of the community and it's residents,
then why doesn't someone
just come out and say that they do NOT want to rebuild St.Bernard Parish? If
the plan is
to turn St.Bernard back to wetlands as part of the coastal restoration
process in order to
protect the city of New Orleans, it needs to be said NOW.
There are so many residents already gutting their homes, and planning their
post-Katrina lives, why waste their time and precious money?

I'm sure there are a few folks who feel that they have no other choice but
to rebuild (whether due to lack of insurance or lack of funds), a buy-out by
the government would certainly create additional money for people to have
additional choices of where they intend to live.
I implore our leaders to be forth-right with the future of St.Bernard Parish
for it's residents.
Tracie Brown