[StBernard] Modular Home Show

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Dec 16 18:20:08 EST 2005

I am not sure if any home can truly stand up to Cat 4 or 5 status. But
then, if the modular home is built by a reputable dealer, it should be as
good or stronger than a regular home. With modular homes, the walls are
built in the factory in sections without interference or damage from outside
weather elements such as water, extreme heat or cold. This should give them
the advantage. Then the sections are transported to the site and put
together onsite usually by a construction crew that you have hired. This is
why the homes can be constructed so quickly. I have a neighbor who used
Wausau Homes for his house and it is just as nice as any other house on the
block. (Our neighborhood's homes are in the 300K+ range) But then Wausau
has a good reputation and did not come cheap---at least $100 a square foot.
Just like when hiring a contractor, you need to know the company and be
careful. Again, if it is a good building company, you should have no
worries. Make sure you have not only a reputable modular home company, but
also, a reputable contractor putting it together on site.

Michelle

Do you honestly think these "modular homes" will stand up to a cat 4
or 5
hurricane next year?

Jenny