[StBernard] Governor's statement on 100% federal cost-share for debris removal

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Dec 21 00:23:52 EST 2005

Governor's statement on 100% federal cost-share for debris removal

"Getting 100% federal cost share was #1 on my agenda when I met with
Secretary Michael Chertoff and Chairman Don Powell in Washington last week.

"I told them that we have already removed ten times more debris than was
removed at the World Trade Center site after 9-11, yet we are not even half
way done. And those estimates don't even include housing demolition which
has yet to begin in earnest. So we have a long way to go.

"That is why today's news that emergency response and debris removal will
continue to be covered at 100% through June 30 is such a welcome Christmas
present to Louisiana. It means that my message got through, and that these
federal officials understand the magnitude of the task at hand and the
partnership required for success."

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation (LDRF), Louisiana''s fund for
Louisiana''s people, has been established by Governor Kathleen Babineaux
Blanco in order to support long-term family restoration and recovery and
help provide assistance to our citizens in need through a network of
Louisiana charities and non-profit agencies.

1-877-HELPLA1 (877-435-7521) www.louisianahelp.org