[StBernard] Who got trash removal contracts

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Dec 22 01:39:34 EST 2005

I'm not sure who got contracts, and do not want to accuse anyone of
anything, however, I have contacted the Times-Picayune and asked them if
this information was public record, and if so, would they publish a list of
companies and those individuals listed as managers of these companies, for
public review. I am glad that St. Bernard Parish residents are involved in
the debris removal, I only hope that all citizens were given a fair
opportunity to be included in this process if they chose to, and that the
contracts were not simply awarded because of who you know, who you are
connected to, or who you are related to. I hope that our elected officials
have not taken advantage of this disaster for their own personal gain, or
the gain of their family and friends. A public notice stating the facts
would clear the names of our honest, hardworking public offici als, and
expose the individuals who are profiting from the tragedy.

Steve Fecke